Ashley Groundworks undertook the project to complete an extension to the existing hotel, Newhaven Premier Inn, for a client with a long association with us. The contract was to carry out the groundworks and civils package for the site.
- Reworking of the existing carpark layout
- Temporary fire access routes
- Reduce and level excavation and disposal
- Placing concrete ground beams over pile foundation
- Pouring a reinforced concrete slab floor
- External works e.g. paving and kerbing
- Tarmac works to the carpark
The challenge was as this was a live site with many hotel visitors, it was imperative that the work was carried out within the set time frame and with the least disruption to guests.
We discovered a number of problems as we began to complete the reduce level excavation. Fortunately, these were overcome by professionalism and knowledge of the Ashley Groundworks team and their ability to not only see the problem but to also advance a solution.
Our client recognised this and has since given Ashley Groundworks further work to carry out.